4/18/2007

"FAIR WARNING"

At least Eisner is the former chairman of Disney, though one worries that his views may be representative. However, that said, you already see a lot of bias on TV.

"I think that the solution to ending gun violence is to get the public emotionally upset through film and television drama to the point that it demands that the possession of handguns be outlawed. I couldn't suggest that, let alone do it, when I was the chairman of Disney. It's a public company and everybody is scared of taking on the NRA. But now that I'm a private person, nobody can tell me I can't do what I want."

Michael Eisner
Former Disney chairman
On "Power Lunch"
CNBC
April 18, 2007


Thanks to Dan Gifford for sending me this. Dan adds: "This is my paraphrase of Eisner from the CNBC interview about fifteen minutes ago."

UPDATE: here is a video of Eisner's statement.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mikey, don't just go with movies and tv! You gotta get out there with the Dems, stumping against the evil of handguns. I guarantee you, if you make enough noise now, the left will take the house, senate _and_ the presidency! Get to work!

(hope I don't need to point out that that's sarcasm...)

4/18/2007 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, this Eisner fella thinks that it is perfectly ethical for the media to experiment with the public psyche, playing mindgames to fraudulently advance an ideological agena?

Can we uncover anyone betraying anything more insideous than this?

Eisner is clearly a sociopath.

-dk

4/18/2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger Dad29 said...

Anony DK, film propaganda is extremely effective and has been used by Stalin, Roosevelt, and Hitler to great effect.

There are also some notable modern examples: Bowling for Columbine, Gore's film, and the anti-Catholic film based on the Dan Brown novel.

It ain't going away, and unfortunately, it's effective precisely because the people who watch these things are generally un-critical and un-reflective.

4/19/2007 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home