10/31/2009

Larry Sabato is way out there

I used to always think that Sabato was a straight shooter politically (sure I disagreed with him some, but he always seemed pretty fair). That was until he got involved in the attacks on the Allen Senate campaign in 2006. Now Sabato has some comments on Obama.

He’s a liberal but certainly not a revolutionary, as some on the right continue to insist. He’s practical which makes him tentative about pushing some of his liberal positions—which has already aggravated the left and will continue to do so. He’s a politician, not a saint. He’s a fiery rhetorician but often seems coolly detached when away from the podium. He’s far more professor than community organizer. . . .

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mathew Paust said...

Well, Sabato is a professor, so you've got to expect some squishy thinking from him.

11/02/2009 8:59 AM  
Blogger Mathew Paust said...

...did I forget to add the ;D?

You and Rob Jones, of course, are exceptions!

11/02/2009 9:01 AM  
Blogger Hobie said...

Well, I don't think anyone would include me with the intelligentsia but I'm observant. Larry Sabato has been around a while (I'm across the mountain from Charlottesville) and he used to be pretty objective. He isn't any longer.

He's been sounding a bit more liberal, year by year. It seems to me that his choice of words betrayed his support for Obama during the last election. It was such that I now discount his views whereas I hadn't previously ignored him.

You could say that his support of Obama is his "jump the shark" moment.

11/04/2009 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home