3/14/2013

Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) says that the current gun control laws are just the beginning

Pretty discouraging.
Mattera: So the assault weapons ban is just the beginning?
Schakowsky: Oh absolutely. I mean, I’m against handguns. We have, in Illinois, the Council Against Handgun... something [Violence]. Yeah, I’m a member of that. So, absolutely. . . .
Mattera: We’ll never get a handgun ban with the Second Amendment as stated.
Schakowsky: I don’t know. I don’t know that we can’t. And there may be an allowance, once again, for communities--I have communities in my district that prohibited handguns within their borders. The rights of municipalities and states to view that as a sensible way to keep people safe--I don’t think it’s precluded.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The "cat's been out of the bag" for a while now. The Democtratic party IS the party of GUN CONFISCATION. PERIOD. END OF SENTENCE!

The GOP's not perfect by any means, but they certainly will get my vote and assistance in any political contest going forward.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a Democrat gets the White House next time we will follow the U.K. with a complete gun ban.

3/14/2013 8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why of course they can, Representative Schakowsky. We have several prominent states that have decided that the 13th Amendment doesn't really work well for them, so they allow slavery there. And there are numerous examples of cities and states that have decided that they really need an official religion, so some are Episcopal, others Muslim, Catholic or Buddhist. Isn't it what we mean when we talk of "diversity"? Let a thousand flowers bloom, a hundred schools of thought contend.

3/14/2013 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home